With two well-publicized mass shootings happening last month, America yet again set to blaming the criminals’ violence on mental illness. Former presidents have also claimed over the decades that mental illness is the cause for all shocking violent acts. But research shows that actually, the mentally ill make up only 4% of ALL gun violence. So what do the other 96% of gun criminals have in common?

SOURCES:
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2016.0017

How journalists cover mass shootings: Research to consider


https://theconversation.com/mass-shootings-arent-growing-more-common-and-evidence-contradicts-common-stereotypes-about-the-killers-121471
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-calif-shooting-victim-believes-husband-targeted-article-1.2458790
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/08/05/is-mental-illness-causing-americas-mass-shootings-no-research-shows/?fbclid=IwAR3UkL6QKz0UcRPjf8_GgVTTFZFm6MfyQy0fLnhGTUK3KA-3eapAPk-_jAI&noredirect=on
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/23/2020-shootings/
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-03-23/why-mass-shootings-stopped-boulder-atlanta


https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/protests-spawn-cities-across-u-s-over-police-shootings-black-n605686
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-claims-experts-mental-illness-mass-shootings/story?id=65101823

Many Mass Shooters Share A Common Bond: Male Grievance Culture

8chan Back Online, Even After Another Internet Company Cancels Its Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>